Friday, June 17, 2011

New Curtains!

It's time for a few house updates - nothing too major has been happening, but there are enough small things lately to share.

I never thought it would happen, but I decided to attempt to make my own curtains. I have not been able to find curtains that are affordable and match what I am looking for so I decided to give it a try.

My neighbor and I made the trip out to Mary Jo's about 45 minutes away which is a warehouse style fabric store. Way too many options if you ask me and we were in over our head. I chose one fabric to try out the curtains without too much risk.

After studying many blog tutorials and borrowing my neighbor's sewing machine, I went with the simplest idea of making a simple panel that would be hung with clips.

The trusty sewing machine



Close-up of the fabric

The finished product!

I put them in the window in our entryway. The fabric is much bolder than I would usually do, but I felt like I could do something fun in that small space.

It really was easy and pretty fun so I'm motivated to do some for the other rooms in the house- can't believe it, I've never seen myself as a sewer.




2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I would never have pictured you making curtains ;) They look awesome, I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete